Monday, August 22, 2016

PURPOSE & DESTINY


Scripture:     Jeremiah 29:11

Devotion:
If you are 18 or older, you have probably asked the question, “What am I here on earth for?”  Most people want to know that they have a purpose and a reason to exist.  And it is because of this lack of purpose and destiny that generations are being lost to anonymity.  God has a purpose and destiny for your life.  I know that sounds super religious, but no matter how it sounds it is true.  When we are able to hear God’s voice for our life it gives us direction and purpose.  Here are three “Don’ts” that you need to follow if you ever want to live a life of purpose and destiny the way God intended.  First, Don’t feel sorry for yourself.  If you have failed in the past, it’s okay.  It’s the past.  God has a call on your life.  Begin praying now and allow God to reveal to you what that call is.  Second, Don’t focus on your problems.  I’ve got problems, you’ve got problems, everybody has problems.  Life is riddled with problems, but that does not mean we stop living out what God has for our lives.  Most of the successful Millionaires and Billionaires through out the world had problems but kept pushing forward to what they knew was ahead of them.  Third, Don’t find a reason to stay home.  One of the ways a Captain of the Explorers Ships of the 1400’s and 1500’s would keep his crew and himself committed to a new land they had discovered was to burn the ships.  You can’t pursue God’s destiny for your life if you are always looking behind you at yesterday and the memories of the past.

Daily Prayer:
Father, I know You have a purpose and destiny for my life. Reveal that to me.  I don’t need all of it now, just what direction you want me to go.  Point me in the right direction and I am willing to follow You and go fulfill Your call on my life, no matter what that may be or entail.  I trust You!

Daily Challenge:
Read stories about the lives of some great church, government, and business leaders.  Look at what they had to go through to achieve the destiny and purpose for their life. Look at what impact they had on their churches, nations, and industries, and ask yourself what does God want for your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment