Tuesday, August 9, 2016

PASSION: the "drive" of life


Scripture: Matthew 6:24
In the Webster’s dictionary, “Passion” is defined as “intense, driving, or overmastering feeling or conviction.”  So, I ask you… what is your passion?
In 2004, Mel Gibson released the movie, “The Passion of Christ”, a movie covering the final 12-hours of Jesus’ life on earth.  I remember watching the movie in theaters.  The movie was powerful and, like many others, I sat quietly in the theater and wept long after the final credits rolled.
What impacted me so much? It was the passion of Jesus.  It was the intense, driving, and overmastering conviction of Jesus. What was His passion, you may ask? God’s will.
In Matthew 6, it tells us that we cannot serve two gods. We can’t serve God and money and we can’t serve God and career or God and anything else.  We must serve God and God alone.
So, what is your passion?
John 14:15 says, “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” Our passion should always be to do the will of our Father God.
Daily Prayer:
God, show me Your will for my life and help me to keep focus on doing Your will and not mine. Amen.
Daily Challenge:
If you don’t know God’s will for your life already, ask God today to help show you over the next few days, weeks, and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment